[Lod] Coinage of the Roman Republic Online: Something for Roman Numismatists to “CRRO” about

Ethan Gruber ewg4xuva at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:58:47 CET 2015

Nomisma.org grew organically beginning in 2010 without a rigorous set of
rules. Within two weeks, the new nomisma.org will be launched in a
completely new architecture with a new OWL ontology (authored primarily by
Karsten Tolle at the University of Frankfurt), with properties and classes
that conform to the standards established by the semantic web community.
The Turtle delivered in the current framework is from the RDFa 1.1
distiller. In the new framework, RDF/XML, Turtle, and JSON-LD are
completely consistent. If you are interested in reading more about the new
framework, I wrote a paper for CAA 2014 on Kerameikos.org, which is nearly
architecturally identical to nomisma:
https://www.academia.edu/9739936/Linked_Open_Greek_Pottery

As for data availability, there are links to the dumps in the Pelagios v3
data model and the [old] nomisma model on the CRRO home page. You can also
get a variety of serializations via conneg and REST. See more information
at http://numismatics.org/crro/apis

By early February, CRRO, OCRE, and all of our other projects will have
shifted to exporting into the new nomisma ontology.

Best,
Ethan