[Lod] Coinage of the Roman Republic Online: Something for Roman Numismatists to “CRRO” about

Richard Light richard at light.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 16:31:23 CET 2015

Hi,

This looks really good as regards the item descriptions, but I don't see
how to get to the underlying typology as Linked Data.  Is it possible?

While looking, I have found the nomisma.org ontology.  This is great in
that it is a SKOS-based Linked Data resource, but there seems to be less
cohesion within it than I would ideally like.  For example, there isn't
a skos:conceptScheme (or two) to tie the whole thing together, with
appropriate skos:inScheme links pointing to the concept scheme.  Also,
the information in the various serializations isn't consistent.  The
turtle serialization of ephesus includes the assertion that it is an
instance of a mint, while the RDF/XML one lacks this information.

Richard

*Richard Light*