[Lod] Thoughts welcome on the ADHO LOD SIG

Leif Isaksen leifuss at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:46:53 CET 2014

Hi all

As there are now quite a lot of people involved and at least one LOD action
taking place (the COST network application), it seemed like a good idea to
ask the community what they would like to see from the group. I'm aware
that it is currently a little separated between technical platforms - the
mailing list, twitter and blog - and that they aren't heavily joined up.
For instance, there is a 'members' page on the blog, but that doesn't
reflect who has signed up to the listserv, or follows or posts on Twitter.
Do people have opinions about whether this is an appropriate state of
affairs? Suggestions for improvement? or should we simply aim to offer a
variety of channels through which people can communicate and allow people
to take their pick?

I'll post this message on the blog site, and point to it from twitter.

Opinions welcome through whatever medium you prefer!

All the best

Leif