[Lod] EU COST action proposal

Isto Huvila isto.huvila at abo.fi
Fri Mar 7 12:31:29 CET 2014

Dear all,

Coming a bit late in (if this comes through to the list, my previous mails did not), but considering the COST guidelines, I would that it would be good if the aims (or at least one aim) of the proposal would be more concrete. The idea of the COST-instrument is to bring together researchers with existing funding from a particular area to _do_ something together and I would say that it would be excellent if there would be a specific concept or a thing this network would examine e.g. to produce a requirements specifikation/framework for LOD in historical, literary and philosophical research and a reference model with a small series of case studies and reference implementations. Ok, this might be a bit too specific, but a clear(er) focus and outcome would definitely make  the proposal more competitive.

And yes, I would be interested in joining in, either from Finland, or perhaps from Sweden where I have at the moment a project ARKDIS that could/should/would be highly relevant for the network. More about that at arkdis-project.blogspot.se or at the university website http://www.abm.uu.se/research/Ongoing+Research+Projects/ARKDIS/

regards,

Isto Huvila

PD, docent | Ph.D., docent
akademilektor | senior lecturer
Informationsledning | Information & Knowledge Management
School of Business and Economics
Åbo Akademi University
(t) +358-2-2153467
(m) +358-40-5726259, +46 73 694 37 62