[Lod] Lod Digest, Vol 4, Issue 1 COST Action

Dino Buzzetti dino.buzzetti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:50:30 CET 2014

Dear Elena and all,

I would be interested in participating too.  I retired already,
but I am still active in the Italian digital humanities association
AIUCD, and I still have a research fellowship at the Fondazione
per le Scienze Religiose here in Bologna.  Please let me know
if you think I would still be entitled to participate in.

I would be available today at 17:00 CET and my skype id is :
                            dino.buzzetti

An issue I am very much interested in is the possible application
of LOD technology to semantic text analysis.  The Italian textual
scholar Cesare Segre defines text structure as "the set of hidden
relations" among its parts or components.  Moving from this
idea, it would be possible to investigate relations among terms
in different authorial corpora and make comparisons.  I think
that such an approach would considerably enhance computer
applications to literary criticism and interpretation.

Best regards,                 -dino

On 5 March 2014 17:53, Elena Gonzalez-Blanco
<egonzalezblanco at flog.uned.es>wrote:

> Dear lod list members,
>
> The problem with transdisciplinary is that the deadline for title is on
> thursday!
> so, if we have to apply for it, we have to move very quickly and to get
> answers for possible participants between today and tomorrow to see if it
> is worth to apply for this now or if it is better to wait. Please, express
> your opinions!!
>
> The good news is that there are not many requisites. The only thing we
> would need for thursday is:
>
> -TITLE (provisional, can be changed, max. 12 words)
> -ACRONYM: Acronyms can contain only capital letters and numbers and no
> symbols, except “-” and “@”. Why not LOD at DH?
> -INITIAL IDEA a short abstract used to illustrate the challenge that the
> Action is proposing to address, the way in which this challenge will be
> overcome and the expected impact. A revised version of the text of this
> section will be used as a summary of the Action published in the COST
> web-site should the Action be approved. The Initial Idea has a limit of 250
> words (about ½ A4 page) we could use the materials in the google drive
> document.
> -Areas of Expertise needed for Evaluation: (multiple choice selection) a
> list of research areas relevant to the proposal, to be chosen from six main
> fields of science and technology: natural sciences, engineering and
> technology, medical and health sciences, agricultural sciences, social
> sciences and humanities. A Trans-Domain Proposal (TDP), to be considered as
> such, should span at least two different science fields. It is not
> difficult: technology + humanities
> -KEYWORDS
>
> At this stage it is not necessary to have a network built, only a main
> coordinator of the proposal. Who would like to act as a coordinator?
>
> The final version has to be submitted on april 10th.
> Here are the instructions
>
> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrador/Mis%20documentos/Downloads/TDP_guidelines.pdf
>
> Best regards,
>
> Elena
>

> Elena González-Blanco García
>
> Dpto. de Literatura Española y Teoría de la Literatura, Despacho 722
> Facultad de Filología, UNED
> Paseo Senda del Rey 7
> 28040 MADRID
> tel. 91 3986873
>
> www.uned.es/remetca
> http://filindig.hypotheses.org/

>> Il 05/03/14 12:00, lod-request at lists.digitalhumanities.org ha scritto:
>>

>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 00:19:08 +0100
>>> From: Elena Gonzalez-Blanco <elenagbg at gmail.com>
>>> To: lod at lists.digitalhumanities.org
>>> Subject: [Lod] proposal for LOD-DH
>>>
>>> I've seen that the new call for COST Actions is open. Why don't we apply
>>> for a COST action in LOD-DH? I think it could be a good idea to start
>>> developing networks, ontologies and ideas about the topic...
> [...]

Dino Buzzetti                                         formerly
Department of Philosophy     University of Bologna
                            currently
Fondazione per le Scienze Religiose Giovanni XXIII
​
via san Vitale, 114                 I-40125 Bologna BO
e-mail:  dino.buzzetti [at] gmail.com
            buzzetti [at] fscire.it
web: http://web.dfc.unibo.it/buzzetti/