[Lod] Lod Digest, Vol 4, Issue 1 COST Action

Elena Gonzalez-Blanco egonzalezblanco at flog.uned.es
Wed Mar 5 17:53:21 CET 2014

Dear lod list members,

The problem with transdisciplinary is that the deadline for title is on
thursday!
so, if we have to apply for it, we have to move very quickly and to get
answers for possible participants between today and tomorrow to see if it
is worth to apply for this now or if it is better to wait. Please, express
your opinions!!

The good news is that there are not many requisites. The only thing we
would need for thursday is:

-TITLE (provisional, can be changed, max. 12 words)
-ACRONYM: Acronyms can contain only capital letters and numbers and no
symbols, except "-" and "@". Why not LOD at DH?
-INITIAL IDEA a short abstract used to illustrate the challenge that the
Action is proposing to address, the way in which this challenge will be
overcome and the expected impact. A revised version of the text of this
section will be used as a summary of the Action published in the COST
web-site should the Action be approved. The Initial Idea has a limit of 250
words (about 1/2 A4 page) we could use the materials in the google drive
document.
-Areas of Expertise needed for Evaluation: (multiple choice selection) a
list of research areas relevant to the proposal, to be chosen from six main
fields of science and technology: natural sciences, engineering and
technology, medical and health sciences, agricultural sciences, social
sciences and humanities. A Trans-Domain Proposal (TDP), to be considered as
such, should span at least two different science fields. It is not
difficult: technology + humanities
-KEYWORDS

At this stage it is not necessary to have a network built, only a main
coordinator of the proposal. Who would like to act as a coordinator?

The final version has to be submitted on april 10th.
Here are the instructions
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrador/Mis%20documentos/Downloads/TDP_guidelines.pdf

Best regards,

Elena

Elena González-Blanco García

Dpto. de Literatura Española y Teoría de la Literatura, Despacho 722
Facultad de Filología, UNED
Paseo Senda del Rey 7
28040 MADRID
tel. 91 3986873