[Lod] Linked Open Data SIG 2014-15

Leif Isaksen leifuss at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:36:06 CEST 2014

Hi all

As we get to the end of a packed DH2014 schedule I've finally found a
couple of moments to draw breath a send an update. We managed to have
a SIG meeting, although the very large coffee space in the SwissTech
Centre meant that not everyone was able to find us (apologies to those
who couldn't). The meeting itself was brief was there overwhelming
agreement that the LOD SIG was valuable and should continue. I'm also
keen to stay involved but will need to step down as the official
Contact Person so we are looking for a volunteer or, better,
volunteers to take the SIG into new territory this year. An ideal
scenario might see two or three people each take on some defined
aspect of the SIG, such as social media, moderating the list or
editing the website(/setting up a wiki?). This might be an ideal job
for an ECR or PhD student as away of making contacts and getting more
involved in the field but ultimately it just needs anyone with the
time and enthusiasm to make it happen.

If you're interested in doing this please feel to free to contact me
on or offline about it. I'm on holiday for a couple weeks but let's
see if we can get this set by the end of the month?

All the best

Leif