[GeoHumanities SIG] A note from your GeoHumanities SIG Co-chairs

Carmen Brando carmen.brando at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 17:55:36 CEST 2017

Dear all,

Thank you Karl and Kathy, once again, for the help in setting up the
APlace4Places workshop last year in Krakow. A forthcoming special issue on
semantic historical gazeteers and related NLP applications will be
published this summer. We are grateful for the contributions we received
and for the SIG support through Kathy.

I agree with Patricia to the idea of a rotating steering committee. Such
group may start to envisage the developpement of some of the suggestions
made by the SIG community in response to the survey. I would be glad to
help and to be involved in the SIG activities.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to join you this time in Montreal.

Enjoy the meeting!

Best wishes,
Carmen Brando