[GeoHumanities SIG] Extended CFP and Registration: DH on the Inhabited Environment, Canterbury, 7-8 Sept. 2017

呂得成 d9842003 at gms.ndhu.edu.tw
Fri Jul 14 08:43:29 CEST 2017

Hello,

Could you post the Call for Paper as following?

We apologize for any cross-postings and appreciate it if you could forward
this call to those who may be interested in this conference.

*Call for Papers/Panels/Posters*

*The 8th International Conference of Digital Archives and Digital
Humanities*

*Conference Theme: Digital Humanities Evolving: Past, Present, and Future*

Venue: National Chengchi University, Taipei

Dates: November 29 – December 1, 2017

While the debates over the definition, landscape, and scale of digital
humanities continue, digital humanists seem to have a consensus that
digital humanities are constantly evolving and facing new challenges.  Take
big data as an example.  Technologies automatically and instantly archive
what people say, what people do, and even what people think.  The rich
information provided by big data leads humanities research to a new
frontier that can hardly be imagined by classical humanists.  However, the
self-archived data contain real, virtual, and even fake contents.  How
shall digital archivists and digital humanists embrace big data and big
data analytics?  Alternatively, will the ubiquitous digitization
transform human
culture and make “digital humanities” simply become “humanities”?

Digitalization involves computing.  Digital humanists share the same tools
with computational social scientists to extract information, to analyze
social network, and to perform geospatial analysis.  Digital humanists have
also attempted to apply the tools of computational social sciences to model
and simulate the complex human experiences.   In the meanwhile,
computational social scientists are exploring sentiment modeling.  When the
research tools and topics of interest become common, how far can digital
humanists and social scientists collaborate to gain deeper insights into
common research problems and cope with shared challenges?

Continuing the legacy of the past 7 annual conferences of DADH, we welcome
the submissions of paper or poster abstracts and panel proposals related
to, but not limited to, the aforementioned issues, digital technologies and
applications, interdisciplinary research in humanities and social sciences
with the use of digital data, theoretical and epistemological
considerations in digital humanities, digital humanities education, digital
arts and music, digital infrastructure, cultural heritage, and internet
analysis.
 Submission Guidelines

   -

   Submission of a single paper abstract, poster abstract, or a panel
   proposal is welcomed.

   - All submissions are to be done online (website:  http://www.aiecon.o
   rg/conference/DADH2017/submission.htm
   <http://www.aiecon.org/conference/DADH2017/submission.htm>).

   -

   Submitted abstract for a single paper or poster should contain
   1,000-3,000 words.
   -

   Submitted panel proposal should contain at least 1,500 words.  The panel
   proposal should provide an overview and the abstracts of 3-4 papers.

   *Post-Conference Publication*

   All authors who attend the conference will be invited to submit revised
   papers to the special issues of the following journals:

   New Mathematics and Natural Computation
   <http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscinet/nmnc> (World Scientific)

   Journal of Digital Archives and Digital Humanities (Taiwanese
   Association for Digital Humanities)

   Detailed information will be announced later.

 *Important Dates*

   -

   2017/07/31:Paper/Poster/Panel submission due
   -

   2017/08/31:Acceptance Notification due
   -

   2017/10/04:Early registrations due
   -

   2017/11/04:Presenter registrations due
   -

   2017/11/24:Registrations due
   -

   2017/11/29-12/01:Conference Dates

 *Sponsors:*

AI-Econ Research Center

National Chengchi University

Research Center for Digital Humanities, National Taiwan University
Taiwanese Association for Digital Humanities

Te Cheng Lu Phd.

AI-Econ Research Center