[GeoHumanities SIG] GeoHumanities SIG meeting at DH - updated info

Kathy Weimer kathy.weimer at rice.edu
Thu Aug 3 01:06:41 CEST 2017

In just over a week, we will be gathering in Montreal for DH and for
the first time, an *official* GeoHumanities SIG meeting.

Thursday, August 10 in Leacock 219 at 12:30 pm.

No rsvp required!

Agenda: We are evolving the SIG leadership to a multi-person board.
Some interest parties have suggested this include a Chair, a Web
Officer, and Working Group leaders (with additional special
responsibilities), as the core of the new steering group.  We look
forward to hearing your input on defining these roles, as well as
participating on Working Groups, and other initiatives of common
interest.

Reminder, you do not have to attend DH to share your input, or join a
Working Group[1]!

Also, details on the lunch: We had hoped to facilitate a catered lunch
at 11:30 but unfortunately, logistics, lack of interest and cost were
prohibitive.  For those interested, we will aim for a casual meet-up
lunch at 11:30, just prior to the 12:30 meeting.  Please check our
twitter feed (including the twitter feed on our website) for details
on that next week.

Safe travels,
See you in Montreal,

Kathy

--  Katherine Hart Weimer
Head, Kelley Center for Government Information,
Data and Geospatial Services
Rice University, Fondren Library
713.348.6212 | khw2 at rice.edu
ORCID orcid.org/0000-0002-3010-7787