[GeoHumanities SIG] Summer project University of Auckland

Ben Adams b.adams at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 27 04:10:21 CEST 2016

Hi all,

At University of Auckland we have a summer scholarship programme (next winter in the northern hemisphere) that gives NZ$5500 for an upper-level undergraduate student or masters student to come work on a project here for 10 weeks.  I put in a project called “Convolutional neural networks for classifying geographic and historical documents” that was accepted, so if you know of any students who might be interested in this topic and would like to spend some time in New Zealand, please pass this on!  They can contact me directly for more information and the web page for the scholarship is here: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/future-postgraduates/scholarships-and-awards/summer-research-scholarships1.html.  The project is under the computer science category.

Cheers,
Ben

--
Benjamin Adams
Research Fellow

Centre for eResearch
The University of Auckland — Te Whare Wānanga o Tāmaki Makaurau
https://wiki.auckland.ac.nz/display/CERES/Benjamin+Adams