[GeoHumanities SIG] GeoHumanities SIG member survey results

Kathy Weimer kathy.weimer at rice.edu
Fri Jul 8 10:39:53 CEST 2016

Dear SIG members,

Over the last few months we have solicited member response to a short
survey in which we proposed five activities the SIG might consider
undertaking, if there were sufficient interest from its members,
including individuals willing to contribute.  We thank all of you who
contributed!  While most of the roughly two dozen respondents thought
all five were good ideas, three activities in particular would garner
the most supporting energy: (1) a committee to study and further peer
review mechanisms; (2) developing a list of experts; and (3) curating
a collection of GeoHumanities-related syllabi.  Please see the
complete survey results on our site:
http://geohumanities.org/survey-results

The co-chairs are in the process of contacting those members who
expressed interest in working on one or more areas, in order to help
form related working groups beginning in late July or August, after
DH2016.  If you would like to be added to a group, but did not
complete the survey, please contact the SIG Co-Chairs
(khw2[at]rice[dot]edu or karlg[at]stanford[dot]edu).

We also received comments and several fine suggestions from survey
respondents—loosely grouped into categories which appear below the
following results table on our website -
http://geohumanities.org/survey-results

We look forward to continuing the conversation and starting these
working groups in the near future.

Regards,

Katherine Hart Weimer
Karl Grossner