[GeoHumanities SIG] CFP: DHCommons Issue 2

Hannah L Jacobs hannahlj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:18:34 CET 2016

Dear all,

The editors at DHCommons are pleased to announce a *Call for Projects for
the Issue 2 of the ***DHCommons* Journal:*

"The editorial team of centerNet’s DHCommons journal is delighted to
request submissions for its second and subsequent issues. We seek mid-stage
digital projects who wish peer review and feedback that will contribute to
the project’s development.

"We especially hope to center our second issue on digital diversity. We
conceive of “diversity” to include diversity in project language, staff,
academic subject, or goals, among other possibilities. DHCommons invites
project statements in a wide variety of languages. We have an international
Advisory Board and will work with authors towards finding reviewers in the
language of submission whenever possible."

http://dhcommons.org/blog/2016/01/15/dhcommons-survey-and-cfp

*In addition to the general call, the editors seek submissions to the "How
Did They Make That?" Section: *

DHCommons Journal seeks procedural descriptions of how to launch and/or
maintain an exemplary aspect of a stable digital project for potential
publication in its second issue. We encourage you to emphasize in your
submission a component of the project that came out particularly well
and/or represented a significant challenge (e.g. data visualization,
accessibility compliance, data cleaning and preparation). Readers should be
able to come away with a sense of how they could begin to tackle a similar
challenge. In spirit, these submissions should be inspired by Miriam
Posner’s “How did they make that?” (
http://miriamposner.com/blog/how-did-they-make-that/).

http://dhcommons.org/blog/2016/01/19/%E2%80%9Chow-did-they-make-%E2%80%9D-section-cfp
<http://dhcommons.org/blog/2016/01/19/%E2%80%9Chow-did-they-make-%E2%80%9D-section-cfp>

Submission deadline for all sections is 1 April 2016.

Also, following the launch of its first issue (http://dhcommons
.org/journal/issue-1), ****DHCommons*** is seeking feedback* from the
digital humanities community. Please see this survey
http://goo.gl/forms/9XMqxTIaEI  for input.

All best wishes,

Hannah

--
Multimedia Analyst, Wired! Lab, Duke University
Chair, Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations Communications Committee