[GeoHumanities SIG] GIS librarians' impact

Estefanía Aguilar Moreno esamo66 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:58:39 CET 2016

*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

as you probably know here in Europe, it is not usual to find a GIS
librarian as a recognised profile. We are working in an European project
proposal about developing geoskills in European librarians / information
professionals and we are trying to gather data, figures, reports... - from
countries that already have this profile - that point out:

- estimation of the contribution of GIS librarians (or information
management profiles) to the geospatial industry
- the impact of GIS librarian profile in the academic context
- ROI
- employability of GIS librarian
- evolution in the number of GIS librarians over time

any related data that could support our proposal would be useful.

On the other hand, this call also considers the participation of associated
partners (without funding). Associated partners (institutions,
organisations, universities, companies...) could contribute being mentors,
forming part of the advisory board, or simply forming part of a network. If
you are interested in collaborate with us, please let me know (
eaguilar at uji.es)

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards!!

--
Estefania Aguilar Moreno
@eaguilarmo // eaguilar at uji.es
Institute of New Imaging Technologies (INIT) www.init.uji.es
Geospatial Technologies Research Group www.geotec.uji.es
<http://www.geotec.uji.es/> // @geotecUJI
Espaitec 2, 5th floor
Office UB-1518
Universitat Jaume I, E-12006, Castellón de la Plana, Spain
Telephone: (+34) 964 38 76 86