[GeoHumanities SIG] Funded UK PhD on telecoms network evolution and cultural impacts

Reades, Jonathan jonathan.reades at kcl.ac.uk
Wed May 27 17:39:14 CEST 2015

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking to recruit a PhD student for a funded Collaborative Doctoral Partnership Award position involving BT and the Science Museum at King’s College London (Digital Humanities and Geography) to ‘Map the Historical Growth and Cultural Context of the British Fixed Line Phone Network’.

The deadline for applications is now set for June 7, but we’ve been underwhelmed by the response so far to what we think is a really exciting project combining archival research and digitisation, network and spatial analysis, and cultural impacts, so we are reaching out more widely and the GeoHumSIG seemed like a natural group.

Please feel free to share this information with any individuals that you think might be interested or to repost internally:

http://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=62797&LID=928

There’s a little more (about the post and about me) at:

http://www.reades.com/2015/04/09/2-funded-phd-positions-at-kings/

Unfortunately, I do need to point out that our funding for this post comes from the UK’s Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) and so is restricted to EU/UK students only, but we’re hoping that the reach of the GeoHumSIG is such that it might uncover applicants we’ve not already been able to make aware of post.

Sincerely,

jon

--
Jon Reades