[GeoHumanities SIG] GeoHumanities announcements & mtg at DH2015, Sydney

Kathy Weimer kathy.weimer at rice.edu
Fri Jun 12 19:53:57 CEST 2015

Dear GeoHumanities SIG members,

With the DH conference coming in just a few weeks, we are wanting to
remind you that whether you attend the conference or not, the SIG is
here!  Share your news, questions, and announcements via this list and
our twitter feed: @GeoHum_SIG.

Attending DH2015 <http://dh2015.org/>?  Plan to attend the GeoHumanities
dinner meet-up Wednesday evening (more details as it gets closer) and a
joint SIG discussion Thursday lunch hour.  We look forward to seeing you!

For all members: Please volunteer to continue expanding theDiRT
Directory <dirtdirectory.org>.  Work continues, with the addition of
tool reviews and 'recipes' (step-by-step guides).  Have a favorite
Geo-tool?  Want to write up a review or recipe?  Do you have something
to add to the GeoDiRT <http://geohumanities.org/geodirt> listing?  If
you would like to contribute and have credit as a GeoDiRT editor
<http://geohumanities.org/geodirt-editors>, please contact me at
kathy.weimer at rice.edu <mailto:%20kathy.weimer at rice.edu>.

Your thoughts on the future of the SIG are welcome and important. These
notes <http://geohumanities.org/lausanne-notes> were taken at last
year's GeoHumanities SIG meeting at DH2014 in Lausanne.  Do you have
additional thoughts on future projects and initiatives in the SIG?  How
would you like to participate to build the SIG and our presence within
ADHO?  Your responses will be folded in to SIG planning meetings at DH2015.

Lastly, thanks to John Levin, for use of his Anterotesis blog listing of
Humanities GIS projects.  That list has been replicated and organized
(geographically!) by SIG Co-Chair, Karl Grossner, on ourSIG site!
<http://geohumanities.org/gis>

all the best,

Kathy Weimer
Co-Chair, GeoHumanities SIG