[GeoHumanities SIG] GeoHumanities SIG at DH next week

Kathy Weimer k-weimer at library.tamu.edu
Fri Jul 4 15:59:27 CEST 2014

All,

Please note the following at DH2014:

Our inaugural meeting takes place on July 8th (Tuesday) from 9 am to 4 pm.  The featured discussion topic is historic gazetteers and their development.  We are very excited to have a number of ongoing projects shared from internationally recognized scholars.  At the end of the afternoon, we will conduct a short business meeting to discuss upcoming SIG projects and organizational matters, including our role with the DiRT/TaDiRAH project.  A full agenda is here: http://geohumanities.org/GeoHumSIG_meeting  If you are in Lausanne, we hope that you can attend all or some part of the day.  There is no fee and we look forward to your participation.

Whether attending or not, if you have suggestions about SIG projects or initiatives that you would like to see in the future, or SIG organizational structure issues, please let me know and I will add that to the agenda.

On Wednesday, July 9th, the SIG will have a casual dinner meet up at Les Brasseurs (Rue Centrale 4), 19:00, and departing EPFL at 18:15. We would like a head count, so please rsvp either through twitter (DM the SIG) or email me directly. Members, guests and the geo-curious are invited.

We are seeking volunteers to blog about the conference - from a geohumanities perspective - which will be posted on our Blog Roll.  This may include geohumanities related session highlights, networking, and other observations.  Grad students are particularly encouraged to volunteer.  If interested, please contact me directly.  [As a reminder, any member can submit to the blog roll.  Writings on any geohumanities-related topic are encouraged.]

#DH2014Geo is the hashtag for the SIG meeting and other GeoHumanities related sessions.  Tweet and follow!

Safe travels for those making their way to Lausanne!

Kathy

Katherine H. Weimer
Professor
Map & GIS Library
Texas A & M University Libraries
5000 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-5000
(979) 845-6588
k-weimer at library.tamu.edu<applewebdata://1BD4BF25-A496-457B-AEFB-AA955FB0B166/k-weimer@library.tamu.edu>
twitter:Kathy_Weimer
Co-Editor, Journal of Map & Geography Libraries
Co-Chair, ADHO GeoHumanities SIG