[GeoHumanities SIG] GeoHumanities SIG discussion

Kathy Weimer k-weimer at library.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 27 20:43:01 CEST 2013

To GeoHumanities SIG members,

Welcome again to the GeoHumanities list.  A number of you signed on last week, representing locations around the globe.  To our newer members, a few messages were sent out earlier in the month, and those can be viewed in the list archives, here: http://lists.lists.digitalhumanities.org/pipermail/geohumsig/   Also, as a reminder for those not on Twitter, you can read the SIG tweets on our web page:  http://geohumanities.org<http://geohumanities.org/>/

As mentioned in earlier messages, your Co-Chairs are seeking input on possible pre-conference workshop and tutorial topics (and presenters). And, if you would like to present or lead a tutorial, we would like to hear about that as well.

What tools or techniques would be useful to support you in your projects?  Perhaps discussion on this very list would help you find them, and if not help us identify missing pieces we can collectively develop. The squeaking wheel gets the better tool--in time!

Would SIG members find it useful to create a directory of members?  This may include a list of expertise, projects, etc, that we can build to connect with each other?   Your ideas on that are encouraged.

Sincerely,

Kathy and Karl,  SIG Co-Chairs