[GeoHumanities SIG] place in library

Marcy Bidney maplibrarian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 19:57:33 CEST 2013

Kathy,
The one active example that does what you are talking about is the Finnish
Culture Sampo found here: http://www.kulttuurisampo.fi/?lang=en

I am currently working with a Library Science PhD student here at UWM on a
prototype from our catalog for her dissertation research.

Also, Kevin Clair and I have written and presented about the need for this
kind of search and are starting to get back on track with moving forward
after both of us having taken new positions in the last year. So we'll
hopefully have new stuff coming out sooner rather than later.

This book was just published by ALA
http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=4051 and will hopefully provide
some more movement for librarians. It just arrived at the library here and
I'm waiting for it to come through my office so I can read it.

Hope this helps.

Marcy

--
Marcy Bidney