[GeoHumanities SIG] place in library catalog

Carsten Kessler carsten.kessler at hunter.cuny.edu
Tue Oct 1 19:01:47 CEST 2013

The work that's being done in the Linked Data for eScience Services
project (LIFE) at University of Münster in Germany might be of
interest for this discussion: http://lodum.de/life/

My former colleagues over there are developing solutions to help the
library create spatial annotations during the scanning process of the
map collection. I know that this is a bit different from the problem
you are looking at, Kathy, but one of the things they try to do is
reason about map contents using ontologies.

- Carsten