[GeoHumanities SIG] place in library catalog

Kathy Weimer k-weimer at library.tamu.edu
Tue Oct 1 18:08:11 CEST 2013

Thanks John,

This helps with the tech side of things, but doesn't yet address the underlying issue.  We need to look at a Big Data project here!

Kathy

From: John H Clark <clarkjh at lafayette.edu<mailto:clarkjh at lafayette.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:08 AM
To: Kathy Weimer <k-weimer at library.tamu.edu<mailto:k-weimer at library.tamu.edu>>
Cc: "geohumsig at lists.digitalhumanities.org<mailto:geohumsig at lists.digitalhumanities.org>" <geohumsig at lists.digitalhumanities.org<mailto:geohumsig at lists.digitalhumanities.org>>
Subject: Re: [GeoHumanities SIG] place in library catalog

There is a crosswalk from Alexandria Dig Lib from MARC to FGDC which might help with the task http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/public-documents/metadata/marc2fgdc.html.  But of course, MARC records are notoriously lackadaisical when it comes to geography elements.

John H Clark
Data Visualization & GIS Librarian
Skillman Library
Lafayette College