[GeoHumanities SIG] place in library catalog

Pieschke, Renee Lorene renee.pieschke at mnsu.edu
Tue Oct 1 16:58:34 CEST 2013

I would consult the information science journals or start following the MAPS-L at listserv.uga.edu listserv. The literature is out there. The truth is, all catalogers are not geographers. Those librarians with geography backgrounds usually maintain maps as special collections and have little to do with the general collection. Subject headings can be subjective. If you would like to know more, feel free to contact me off list.

Renee Pieschke
Reference Librarian GA
Minnesota State University, Mankato
renee.pieschke at mnsu.edu<mailto:%20renee.pieschke at mnsu.edu>