[Dhcenterstartup] FW: [Centernet] Host Day of DH 2015+2015: centerNet CFP

Lynne Siemens siemensl at uvic.ca
Thu May 15 16:58:28 CEST 2014

--
Lynne Siemens
Assistant Professor
Graduate Advisor, Master of Arts in Community Development
School of Public Administration
University of Victoria
Telephone: (250) 721-8069
Email: siemensl at uvic.ca
webpage: lynnesiemens.wordpress.com
@lynnelynne53
@uvicmacd

From: <Bauer>, Jean <jean_bauer at brown.edu<mailto:jean_bauer at brown.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM
To: "centernet at lists.digitalhumanities.org<mailto:centernet at lists.digitalhumanities.org>" <centernet at lists.digitalhumanities.org<mailto:centernet at lists.digitalhumanities.org>>
Subject: [Centernet] Host Day of DH 2015+2015: centerNet CFP

To read this CFP in: Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, or 日本語  see http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/host-day-of-dh/

We have all experienced Day of DH, that wonderful day when digital humanists the world over get accounts on a central server to tell the world about what we, as digital humanists, do all day.  Day of DH has been a centerNet initiative since 2012.

MATRIX at Michigan State University has hosted Day of DH for two great years, and centerNet is accepting proposals for the next Digital Humanities center to host this worldwide event.

So, now we need a new server and a group of dedicated people to continue the tradition.

We are asking for a TWO YEAR hosting commitment for 2015 and 2016.  MATRIX has graciously agreed to provide mentoring to the new center.

Your center will need to meet these basic requirements:

  *   install and directly manage a robust, high traffic multi-user WordPress/BuddyPress installation
  *   create and manage your own domains
  *   have in-house programming support to customize the look and feel of the WordPress/BuddyPress installation
  *   be a paying member of centerNet. For more information on membership, see http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/join/

If you are interested, please send your 1 page proposal detailing your technical and managerial capacity to centerNet’s International Secretary, Jean Bauer (jean_bauer at brown.edu<mailto:jean_bauer at brown.edu>), by June 30, 2014.  Bauer can read proposals in English, Spanish, or French.

We will choose and announce the new Day of DH 2015 + 2016 hosting center at DH2014.

centerNet is expanding Day of DH into a truly international event with accompanying events.  Last June we sponsored the first DíaHD (Día de las Humanidades Digitales) for Spanish and Portuguese, hosted by Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).  If you have proposals for another linguistic or regional group please let us know.

http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/host-day-of-dh/

--
Jean Bauer
Digital Humanities Librarian