[Dhcenterstartup] Why a DH Center?

igalina igalina at unam.mx
Mon May 6 19:07:15 CEST 2013

Here at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) the Centro de Colecciones Digitales Universitarias CCUD) - Centre for University Digital Collections (www.ccud.unam.mx) was recently created. The aim is to create a interdisciplinary data platform to manage, provide access and disseminate the university's digital data collections.  They will also help in designing digital tools for the digital collections. The UNAM for administration purposes is divided into the departments that belong to the Sciences and the ones that belong to the Humanities. So far almost all the digital collections belong to the Sciences but there is interest in what Digital Humanities can contribute to this centre.  So it is not a DH centre as such, but it can provide Humanities researchers with the tools and resources necessary.
Best wishes,
Isabel

-------
Dra. Isabel Galina
Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliográficas,
UNAM
igalina at unam.mx